Wednesday 2 January 2013

Supply Work/Obtaining a Canadian "CRB"

Currently I am unable to work as a supply teacher, as all the companies I have approached require a comprehensive Police Check. As I have lived and worked abroad (Canada) within the last five years (Nov 2007 - July 2008) I require a Canadian Police check in addition to the English CRB. Within my English CRB applications I have to state the fact I lived and worked overseas, and state my Canadian addresses, so the UK can do the appropriate searches - yet sadly this is not enough for the supply agencies. The Canadian Police Check can take up to 18 weeks from arrival to process - so I am still waiting! 

Obtaining a Canadian CRB:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

1. Apply for form (this must be sent from Canada!)
2. Arrange a fingerprinting with UK Police
3. Have fingerprints taken and pay £80 for the privilege!
4. Send form off (by internationally recorded post)
5. After the customary 18 weeks apply in writing as to the status of your application.
6. Continue Waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment