Thursday 21 March 2013

End of Term "Goodies Treat" Green Towers

As a reward for not being put in detention each term the school arranges a "goodies treat" for them. This term we went to Green Towers, which is a youth centre in Hinckley. The children had a great time and rotated round three "zones"; the hall (playing basketball/football/dodgeball), a chill-out area (table tennis, ice hockey, pool, wii) and an outdoor area (skatepark/bmx track). As part of this trip I co-ordinated with the other Year Three staff  and Headteacher to ensure we had enough staff (ratio 1:6) and how the classes would rotate. The trip also allowed me to build relationships with my class in an environment where many felt more comfortable. Following the education show, I now have some ideas about how I can use this trip to create some Hi-Lo resources to engage more reluctant readers/writers.





No comments:

Post a Comment