Wednesday 16 October 2013

CPD - New to the EYFS

Today I spent the whole day at Beaumanor Hall on a "New to the EYFS" course. Luckily I managed to escape the heavy downpours getting by bike inside just in time both on the way there and on the way home!

The course was excellent, providing lots of information in a clear, thought provoking way. There is still a lot of "murky water" when discussing the best way to analyse end of year data, particularly as the current National Curriculum levels do not match up with the new EYFS - however this is due to change with the new curriculum. 

One of the main benefits of the course was knowing where to find help both in terms of resources and other people! Hopefully half-term will give me the chance to download lots of resources to use within the classroom. The course also gave me confidence in my own practice, knowing that what I was doing within school was right (letting the children lead the way!). I would like to get the children even more involved in their learning next term - involving them more in the planning of activities etc.

There will be a follow up to this course in terms of a pre-moderation meeting in the Spring or Summer term, which will be useful as it will look in detail at the Early Learning Goals, discussing how to asses whether a child has met the goal or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment