Thursday 14 November 2013

Using Blog's to communicate with Parents

I currently use a password protected Blog to communicate with parent's in addition to homework sheets and the link letter (electronic) which is sent home each week. The Blog allows me to post pictures of children and their work up for parent's to see. This gives parents and children a talking point from which to discuss the school day and prevent the "I don't know" or "just played" response many parents are used to hearing!

Parents and Children are encouraged to respond to posts by "commenting". During half terms and holidays I aim to encourage children to send in photo's of what they have been doing to share on our blog. In the Summer term I hope to sign up to "quad blogging" to give children an additional audience and to link with some other school's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment