Sunday 12 January 2014

Planning @ Harby

My weekly plan at Harby fits on one page, so it can be displayed in the classroom so that all members of staff are aware of what we are doing. I then follow specific plans for Numeracy and Phonics, which have more day to day detail in them.


This is an example of my planning for the Spring Term. The weekly plan gives a brief glance at what we are doing. As the children are getting better on the carpet, and working for longer periods with an adult, I know plan in more detail for literacy, numeracy, phonics (x2) and afternoons. Examples can be seen in my planning/assessment folder, but will not be put on this blog as they contain children's names and sensitive information.

Although my planning is done a week in advance, I often deviate from it. This usually happens if I need to use a different strategy for children to understand a topic, or if something has grabbed their interest. This is reflected in the assessments I make, and in turn affects the next weeks planning, allowing us to move on at a slower or faster rate.


No comments:

Post a Comment