Wednesday 10 July 2013

Cover Day - 10 July

As part of planning for next year, the lower school teachers met for the whole day to plan together. As this took some teachers out of their current classrooms, I covered for the day in a year five class. 

This was interesting as although the children were generally able to get on more independently, their were friendship issues that arose during both break and lunch times which had an effect on the next lesson. Consequently, I spent a similar amount of time dealing with behaviour as in my own class, but then had more time available at others as the class got on with their work. Had I known the children better, I would have been able to direct my attention more specifically to children encouraging and challenging those who needed it. 

The work was pre planned which made it easier in some respects as the work was set to the level, ability and interest of the children. On the downside I didn't have as much knowledge of the subject they were covering so it was difficult in that respect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment